Flag Team

color gaurd flas

color guard flag by:www.colorguardcenteral.com

I like to stay active, it’s just the kind of person I am. Like most kids who like to stay active I participate in sports. I use to do softball and basketball outside of school, but now I am in a sport you could say that a lot of kids don’t know or care about but is special to me. I participate in color guard also known as flag team. We perform with marching band, drum line, and cheer team for special events in and outside of our school. Our last performance was at an art festival. And we also had a resent performance for our school open house which we preformed three times! We also had the amazing pleasure of representing our school in our annual city parade. We did our routine several times in the parade while walking at least one mile through our city. It was exhausted, but all that work paid off when we heard that we had won The Mayor’s Choice Award.

Along with all the fun that comes with being in flag team comes the responsibility and practice. At the end of every week we get the option of taking our flags home to practice (which I usually do) then bring it back Monday for practice.  On Monday – Wednesday practice we practice for about one hour. On Thursday, practice if we are preparing for a special performance that requires the whole marching band, we practice from 1:20-3:00, so about three hours! On Friday if we do have practice we practice for one to two hours depending on our progress. All of this is hard work of course but it all pays off when you know that you had a successful performance, and all the fun you have takes over the work (sort of)